Canadian Stage has employed thousands of artists and produced hundreds of new productions over its 30+ year history. The development of artists is at the core of what we do, it is integral to the function of our organization. It is through our general auditions that we get to know aspiring performers and their work. We invite you to submit to our general audition call below for our upcoming seasons.
The 24.25 season has yet to be announced; when it is, information about our season will be available at www.canadianstage.com.
To share your work:
Please submit using one of the methods outlined below by 5 p.m. on April 5, 2024. Early submissions strongly encouraged. General Auditions will take place April 23-27, 2024.
Canadian Stage is committed to building an anti-racist, equitable and inclusive cultural institution, and is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. We work to reflect the stories, ideas, concerns, and priorities of the communities we have been entrusted to serve authentically and meaningfully.
If you have any access needs for your audition, please contact Emily Johnston at email@example.com.
- We are particularly interested in seeing recent graduates of professional theatre training programs, as well as artists who identify as part of under-represented groups.
- If you have been seen at one of our general auditions in the past 3 years, please do not submit.
- Applications will be accepted via the online submission form, and on Casting Workbook. AGENTS: please note that our preference is for performers to submit using the online form.
- For submissions on Casting Workbook, please note CAEA status (union or non-union) and any relevant training (including the year completed) in the notes section of your submission
- We are only accepting submissions for in-person auditions; please do not submit if you are not available in person in Toronto between April 23-27, 2024. We will not be holding zoom or self-tape auditions at this time.
Performers selected for an audition will be asked to prepare:
- Two (2) contrasting monologues of any time period and style under 3 minutes in length that show your range as a performer.
- NOTE: when selecting monologues, focus on pieces with a clear objective within the world of the play. We are less interested in seeing ‘presentational’ pieces that lack a clear set of objectives, obstacles, and tactics.
The online submission form can be found using this link, or you can submit at www.castingworkbook.com. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those selected for an audition will be contacted. Due to the volume of submissions, we are not able to respond to inquiries about the status of your submission package.
Deadline to apply: April 5, 2024, 5 p.m.
Early submissions are strongly encouraged. No late submissions will be considered.
No phone calls or hard copy submissions please.
The call for Community Extras is closed. Please reach out to Producer, Lynanne Sparrow if you have any questions. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are not accepting unsolicited submissions for future programming at this time.
We are always interested in meeting with artists to chat about their work, their ideas and their processes to see if there is any way we can support or intersect. If you would like to find out about our events, workshops, and programs for artists, or to discuss our Artist Residency’s, Granting Programs or New Work Development at Canadian Stage, please contact our Associate Artistic Director Jordan Laffrenier (email@example.com).