Call for Actor Submissions: General Auditions
Canadian Stage has employed thousands of artists and produced hundreds of new productions over its 30+ year history. The development of artists is at the core of what we do, it is integral to the function of our organization. It is through our general auditions that we get to know aspiring performers and their work. We invite you to submit to our general audition call below for our upcoming seasons.
The 23.24 season has yet to be announced; when it is, information about our season will be available at www.canadianstage.com.
To share your work:
Please submit a digital resume and headshot by 5 p.m. on February 28, 2023. Early submissions strongly encouraged. General Auditions will take place March 15-18, 2023.
Canadian Stage is committed to building an anti-racist, equitable and inclusive cultural institution, and is committed to diverse, inclusive casting. We work to reflect the stories, ideas, concerns, and priorities of the communities we have been entrusted to serve authentically and meaningfully. For information on our ongoing organizational work, please click here for our Report to the Community on our continued learnings at Canadian Stage.
If you have any access needs for your audition, please contact Emily Johnston at email@example.com.
- We are particularly interested in seeing recent graduates of professional theatre training programs who may not have had the chance to introduce themselves to industry professionals due to COVID-19.
- Applications will be accepted by email at the address below, and on Casting Workbook. Please use the following guidelines when submitting:
- For email submissions, the subject line of your email should be NAME / CAEA STATUS (union or non-union)
- Please attached your resume and headshot as a SINGLE PDF FILE with the file name FIRST NAME LAST NAME RESUME 2023 (ex. JANE SMITH RESUME 2023)
- Please note any relevant training in the body of your email, including the year you graduated
- For submissions on Casting Workbook, please note CAEA status (union or non-union) and any relevant training in the notes section of your submission
- We are only accepting submissions for in-person auditions; please do not submit if you are not available in person in Toronto between March 15-18, 2023. We will not be holding zoom or self-tape auditions at this time.
Performers selected for an audition will be asked to prepare:
- One (1) monologue of any time period and style under 3 minutes in length that shows your range as a performer
- NOTE: when selecting monologues, focus on pieces with a clear objective within the world of the play. We are less interested in seeing ‘presentational’ pieces that lack a clear set of objectives, obstacles, and tactics.
Submissions can be e-mailed to Casting Consultant Emily Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org or submitted on: www.castingworkbook.com. We thank everyone for their interest; however, only those selected for an audition will be contacted. Due to the volume of submissions, we are not able to respond to inquiries about the status of your submission package.
Deadline to apply: February 28, 2023, 5 p.m.
Early submissions are strongly encouraged. No late submissions will be considered.
No phone calls or hard copy submissions please.
We are not accepting unsolicited submissions for future programming at this time.
We are always interested in meeting with artists to chat about their work, their ideas and their processes to see if there is any way we can support or intersect. If you would like to find out about our events, workshops, and programs for artists, or to discuss our Artist Residency’s, Granting Programs or New Work Development at Canadian Stage, please contact our Associate Artistic Director Jordan Laffrenier (email@example.com).